El Cerrito High School
1.11.14 Update-peas are going strong at ECHS, much to the delight of the students and one biology teacher!
The ECHS Community Memorial Garden is back!
Thanks to a dedicated group of students, parents, staff and community members
the garden's heart is once again starting to beat.
- We have weeded, watered, and planted ten kinds of herbs
- Begun growing squash and pumpkin, and
- Built 5 raised beds for future crops.
Here's what's next!
- Start deer proofing and fill the beds with soil.
- Follow up with planning and installation of an irrigation system.
- Begin providing teachers a place to teach in an outdoor setting!
And last but not least
- Provide on going maintenance support for the garden.
- Native plant garden, picnic area, cut flower garden, outdoor class room,
- and much more!
Please come by and visit the garden. Help us dream, plan and build.
Listen for news of future work parties and planning sessions.
The garden is located along Eureka St., east of the main parking lot.
See you there!
For more info. contact Joanna Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org